Monday, April 21, 2014

Tales from the Little Red Coop

My Americauna, Bossy, is very intelligent, she is getting out of her cage before dark.  I have found her out for the last three nights on top of the other coop. Tonight she had a conversation with the other.  She was on a pipe in the pen, the other one in their coop and they were talking back and forth like this:
#1-squawk:  I really want go over the fence.
#2-peep from the coop:  You should stay with me.
*she gets down and goes in and then comes out again, conversations still going.
#1-squawk: but I really want to go up there
#2-peep from the coop: but I'll be alone
*gets down and goes in and then comes out again, conversations still going.
#1-squawk: I really really want to go
#2-peep from the coop: oh, come on, stay with me.
Three times she went in, chatted with Tizzy with Tizzy trying to talk her into staying with her and then coming back out.
At this time I went over and had a squawking conversation with her and told her she should stay and she went back inside and they chatted back and forth until darkness hit and she's still in there.  I won tonight.
I let them roam with the big girls today and there were no major causualties.  Sassy chased Bossy all across the yard, a couple barred rocks ran at them, Buffy as in Orpington, went over and puffed up and then went on her way.  The little ones can run fast and all was well.

No comments:

Post a Comment