Saturday, May 24, 2014

Hypertufa Pot

I have waited for years to make one of these.  I started two weeks ago.  I mixed one part each: Portland cement, perlite, and peat moss.  I added red cement coloring to the mix and I used a bedpan for a mold.  When I took it out the second day like the directions said to smooth out the edges I broke it in half.  It was still soggy so I added water and smooshed it all back together and put it back in the black plastic bag to wait.  Patiently I waited two weeks before opening it.  I have peeked once and picked it up to feel the weight.  This morning my two week waiting period is over.  I took it out of the bag, it is still together and I slowly drilled two holes through the bottom and planted the succulents in it that have been healing for several days.  It is so cute!  Now, I plan to make a bigger one and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment