Thursday, February 12, 2015

Arbor Leveling and giving Cecile Brunner rose a trim

My arbors have been going wonky and leaning.  Steve is standing them up and adding pipe to the bottoms and cementing them in back in place.  The good news is they hadn't rusted as they were decent arbors when I bought them.
I have had to trim roses that are close back because they were out of control.  My Zepherine Drouhin is against the house and I kept several long branches to tie overr the arbor when we are done.  A couple branches go over my window. 
Cecile Brunner is in between the two arbors on copper trellis.  She has been in the ground for about 15 years and this is her first major hair cut.
 
You can see the Zepherine Drouhin on the left laying on the fence and the Cecile Brunner is to the right.  I was still trimming it back at this point and cutting out all the dead branches. 
 
 
The first arbor cemented in.  When it sets we'll pull out the sawhorses and 2x4s and set the other one in cement
 
 
This is the Cecile Brunner all cleaned up.
 
 
The second arbor waiting for the first to be done.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment