Monday, May 6, 2019

Keeping Busy

Spring is here, I've got my garden going, one long raised bed had to be emptied because it was full of roots so I filled every other container with the dirt, leveled what was left and put 2 layers of weed block fabric down.  I'm now filling it with unfinished compost.  Both compost bins were full so it can sit in the bed until next year and it will be ready by then.

We're taking a short cruise this weekend and my house sitter is coming over to stay while we're gone.  Have to do that since we have such an assortment of animals :)

I've discovered a web site called Sew Sweetness and she has some awesome patterns and I've bought one called Crimson & Clover Train Case, it came in 3 sizes.  I made the large one for a project bag to do on the way to  CA for the cruise.  I bought the video, I honestly didn't even look at the directions after I cut all out.  It turned out very well considering I have my top and bottom fabric going the wrong way, but all is well.


She also has a free pattern called the Faithwell storage bin, I made the medium size, I may have to make one larger for my cats.  I'm going to use this for fabric scraps on my table.


No comments:

Post a Comment