Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Gruesome pumpkin making

These pumpkins are Styrofoam balls on dowels.  I've made four today and have five more to go but we will be doing them for paint class so will finish them up next week.  I followed Nancy's tutorial on her blog below:

http://thevintagedresser.blogspot.com/2009/09/supplies-3-styrofoam-balls-14-dowels-12.html

The only thing I did different was, I ran out of the paper perfect before getting all the balls coated.  It looked and felt like paper and paint.  I put water in the blender and put it on high and added Kleenex until I got the amount I thought I'd need.  I then put in a strainer and squeezed out most of the water.  I then put it in the Paper Perfect jar and added white paint until it was at the consistency the previous stuff was and Viola!  It worked exactly the same.  If I make more I will do them differently.  I think I'll strip Kleenex and use paint to basically modge podge it to the ball instead of shred it up.  Tee surface is too bumpy for my liking but it does help make them look scary. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment