Saturday, August 10, 2013

Junk Art Bird Feeders

I saved these spindles that came from our dumpster, my neighbor was doing something with them and changed his mind.  I think they were from a chair.  Anyway, I saved them and have been moving them from place to place and finally decided what to do with them.  The 99¢ Store opened here recently and they had these cool bowls and saucers and I decided to make garden bird feeders out of them.  I put a pot tray upside down on the bottom.  I epoxied everything together after I painted the spindles and bottom pieces.  I still have one more of this spindle and then I have one taller one that I've been saving.  I have them spray painted and now need to buy the bowls, saucers, and pot trays to go with them.  The fourth spindle I have is much taller so I'll have to hit up HD and buy a bigger tray than the others so it doesn't fall over.  They are about 18" tall in total.

1 comment:

  1. Cute bird feeders! Very creative! Bet the little birdies love your house. Love the colors you painted your spindles, and the bright saucers and bowls. Very colorful and cheerful. Thanks for sharing! Pinning!

    Linda @ Mixed Kreations

    ReplyDelete