Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day Two Finishing Up

Day Two this is what it looks like from our back porch and this is just the coop.  The section with the egg box is the new section.

 
The egg box and you can see the curtains of farming and Steve made a little wood block that swings up so the egg box can have some air because it gets quite warm in there.  He also made a fancy little wood hook/piece to hang my egg basket from while I get the eggs.  This egg box can be opened and leaned back, we had a stick to hole up the previous egg box.

 
The inside view of the egg boxes with the door opened.

 
Yep, there's Sylvie checking it out and you can see the inside of the wood pellets.  I like them much better than pine shavings, they soak up and don't smell nearly as bad, I just turn them and add to the top during the winter.

 
The swinging egg box door open and yep, Sylvie is still there.

 
The end view, this has a sliding window to take out during the summer months and he made little blocks to hold it when it is not being used as a window.

 
The view inside from the end by the arbor.  We decided to take out the sideways bar so they will have to all used the new 2" x 3" roost.

 
The other side with the first door Steve made.  We are thinking we might add drop down vents on the two sides for more air, but not right now.

 
The view from the big old clean out door.  The smaller section at the end is the new add-on.

 
What you see when the clean out door is open on the Chicken Cam, inside Chicken Cam coming soon.

 
My big clean out door and the lock me up door.

 
 
The door on the opposite side of the run, I love this door because I can just open the top and toss stuff in and they can't get out.  No one has figured out that they could probably jump that high yet.

 
The Little Red Coop all locked up.  We'll leave it there another week or so for a hiding spot for those whom might need it.

 
The edge that is coming in behind Sylvie's butt is where the new section popped in and we screwed it to the old structure.


This is the other side where we screwed new into old.

 
I am very happy with all the new changes and our next thing is we are making poop boards.  The fabric slings worked ok until they knocked it down, no matter what I did, they knocked it down a couple of times a week and it defeated the whole purpose and the poop still was on the ground.

2 comments:

  1. What a good looking coop and so nice and big. I love chicken cams. How fun you are going to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chicken cams too, we are planning another for the inside. I can check on them where ever I am. :)

    ReplyDelete