Friday, September 13, 2013

My Annie Sloan Paint Experience

I have these two dressers in my room that I painted brown when we remodeled our bedroom that were plain.  I wanted to try out the new Annie Sloan paint on them.  When we went to Las Vegas last weekend I picked up a quart of Provence paint and a can of soft wax.  I bought a paint brush at HD and I also bought a tube of Minwax (water based) Express Color in Walnut.  I'd watched several videos on the Annie Sloan paint and I have antiqued many things before starting with ceramics.  I didn't want to spend any more than I had to.  I did two coats of the paint on the two top drawers of my husbands dresser and the middle doors on my dresser.  After the paint was dry I brushed on a layer of the Walnut and did both drawers at once and then with a wet rag wiped most of the stain off.  I then did the two cabinet doors the same way.  The stain dried very fast since it is water based and I then used Annie Sloan's Soft Wax on all the pieces.  I also spray painted the cupboard in our bedroom that holds my husbands beer supplies.  All of these colors match the quilt I made to go on my bedroom.

 
 It is not on the bed yet as it is way too warm and it is at the local County Fair now to see if I win a prize.  We will go tomorrow night to see.  On with before and after, first is my husbands side of the bed:
 
My dresser before and after.  I love them with only a couple of pieces done and antiqued, it makes them look so much better.
 
 
This roll top piece is next, I keep my 12" scrapbooks in it and my cat food sits on top.  I found it sitting next to the dumpster at my vet's office they were throwing it away and I hauled it home.



No comments:

Post a Comment