Sunday, September 15, 2013

Painting My Roll Top Cabinet

In my previous post I told about the paint and I did a few bits of painting on my dresser drawers and doors.  I hauled the little roll top cabinet down here to my Studio and took the back and roll top out.  I painted the whole thing twice with the Annie Sloan paint and let it dry a day.  I then put my Minwax water base stain on the roll top and started on the cabinet.  I let it sit too long and it didn't come off as well as before with the drawers.  I do like the way it turned out so it is fine.  I did not let it sit long on any side after that.  I basically brushed it on and used a wet rag to take it off, leaving streaks and dark in some of the crevices. 
I love this paint, it is easy, I did not buy her brushes but I found another brush at HD that was hanging on a rack on the paint counter where paint is mixed.  It has a short rubber handle and is awesome.  It was easy to use and easier to handle than a brush with a long handle.  I'll use one from now on.
 
Just one coat of paint so far, I did two.



No comments:

Post a Comment