Monday, October 14, 2013

Time & Welcome Cats & Bears.

Time is flying by here, hopefully will slow down a bit for the next month on November 9th and 10th.  I made some bear outfits for a friend who special ordered them.  They were a big hit at my craft shows a few years ago.  They are a design by Colleen Parry and it is a hanging jointed bear that has seasonal clothes that are wood.  They have Velcro and you just change as the season or holiday happens.  There is also a cat and a bunny.  I have the cat.  I went to the stamp group meeting at the senior citizens center to deliver the outfits to Candy and everyone loved them and I got a couple of special orders for them.  So, I have a month before my craft show at the fairgrounds.  It is the only one I do because the money goes to the Kingman Cancer Care unit.  It gets better,  Candy went home and a friend visited and I got another call.  She loves it and wants a bear and a cat with outfits. 

My plan was to start making them again and only having four outfits that come with it.  The four seasons only and I want to make maybe a frog or turtle of my own design.  So I have a board sitting on my table down here in my studio with six bears/parts traced on and I need to get busy cutting them out with the band saw.  Once I get them cut out and all the holes drilled, they need all the front edges rounded over.  Then the bears get all the details and I have to get started on the outfits which I cut out of 1/4" mdf.  Then I'll get another 1x12x8 and start working on a few welcome cats.  I have six bears traced out and I think I'll do 3 cats and go from there.  If anyone wants more outfits I will start making some of them for another show or special orders in-between.  Here is a photo of my cat with his Halloween/fall outfit on.  I'm going to use this one for the fall outfit but leave off the face because it will work for all of fall.

So, I have 3 weeks to get all these done and work four days a week, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment