Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"Bad Luck"

I brought home the new chicks on Thursday.  I have learned:  don't buy chicks straight out of the box, don't listen to the lady selling them.  The new chicks died over the weekend, yes, both of them.  I've never had that happen before.  The light colored one seemed a bit listless and stood with it's wings out.  They drank and ate.  But by Sat. night the spotted one was having labored breathing and Sun. morning the light one died and later in the day the second one died.  First thing Monday morning I took both bodies back.  She told me normally she doesn't replace them but she had some die too.  Really?  Imagine that.  I bleached all my stuff, cage, waterer, and feeder before bringing new ones home.  But then I thought, they are coming from the same place so probably didn't matter but couldn't hurt.  Here is the new two.  So far so good, they have made it over night and are peeping, drinking, eating and pooping and hunting around on the paper for stuff.  I think these two are good.
]

No comments:

Post a Comment