Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Retired and still not enough time

I finished my scrappy scarf and I still have half a basket of scrap yarn left over.  It turned out pretty cool except I don't like the yarn I used for the weft.  I totally forgot it would be seen in the end so I have this gray scrap scarf with baby blue ends.  Oh, well, it is done.
I still need to load up the 24" loom for dish towels but have not had time with all the costume making.  I have projects building up while I'm working on costumes and doing yard stuff since it has been nice out.  We have the fairy costume almost done, it just needs wings now and I need to start working on my nieces costume with is a blue dress with an over dress that is brown suede.  It will be a challenge.
 
Steve laid the first blocks down for the first raised bed.  We filled it with compost from our compost bin.  The compost bin was full and we couldn't get anything else in it so needed to get this done.  We also got the pipe garden painted and in place and filled.  Now, I can clean the coop and start on the next batch of compost.  We covered the raised bed with assorted fence pieces so the cats won't use it for a cat box and it will sit until the compost bin gets full again and then we'll add another layer of bricks and fill in again.  We also did some work on the chicken coop which you can see on the Rockin' Chick Hotel Blog. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment