Monday, April 14, 2014

Craft Room Table Redo

I have two of the 6 foot tables in my craft room.  They started out with the wood finish look that scraped off when you tried to clean them.  I painted and varnished them a few years ago.  That worked okay for a while, but when I was making the fairy wings, the hot glue stuck to the table in places and where it stuck?  It pulled up chunks of paint.  Darn!  So, we decided to put laminate on them.  I was going to order it online at HD and have it shipped here.  Nope, they wanted $55 for shipping, so we went in to order some.  We are sitting down at the desk to order when she says: I don't know what I'm going to do with those two boxes of laminate.  They were special ordered and they didn't like the finish on either one of them.  DING!  They are the same pattern, one is smooth, the other has slight texture.  I don't care, it is for craft room tables.  I got them for 50% off and it turned out to be like $30 cheaper than what I was ordering originally with free shipping at the store.  AND!!!  I have big pieces of leftovers.  Steve is going to put a new top on my sewing table and fit my sewing machine in to the hole better before laminating the new over the old.  It sits at the end of the two tables and all will match then. 
The tables are all sanded and waiting for contact cement.

 
Putting the laminate on and rolling down with the handy dandy tool Steve made to do it with lawn mower wheels and a bar.








 
The two finished tables
 
 
The sewing table is all white for now, but I think when he does the top I'll stain the sides and paint the bottom to match the tables.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment