Sunday, April 13, 2014

Freedom

Last week before I made my most of a week trip to Phoenix I knew I'd have to put the chicks outside.  I tried the first night.  I went out at dusk and put them in their little red coop.  I went inside, then in a bit went back out, they were out so I chased them around again and put them inside again.  After three times of chasing and putting them in the fourth time I went out, they met me at the gate and let me pick them up.  They wanted nothing to do with it, they were cold.  So they got to stay inside for a few more days.  I waited a couple more days and tried again only this time I put a board in front of their coop door so they couldn't get out for two nights.  They learn so quick.  After that, they went in all by themselves.
Yesterday I let them out into the yard for a bit and let the bigger girls watch them from their coop.  I will do the same today and after I put them back I'll let the big girls out after.  Slowly will mingle them in together.
I'll be working in my yard on and off this week as we're having the Mother Clucker's meeting at my house this Friday.  A bunch of girls with chickens decided to get together and this is our name.  This will also be when I get to meet them all.  I've missed both of the last meetings due to work and out of town things

No comments:

Post a Comment