Monday, May 5, 2014

Hall Tree Makeover (Chalk Paint)

My friend gave me this hall tree.  I wish I had an entryway to put it in but I don't.  So, I painted it to go with the rest of the furniture in my bedroom.  The only thing I haven't done in my bedroom left is my headboard.  I'm still undecided about it because my husband made it for me when we first got married.  He spent a lot of time staining and varnishing it.  I don't know if I should paint it, so for now it will stay the same.
On with the photos!
The first shot is as it was with the feet off and sitting on my porch.  One foot bolt was broken where it screws in and my wonderful husband repaired it for me.  I've taken a couple of shots of as I went and the last two are the finished piece.  I did not paint the back nor inside the chest, I left them black.




No comments:

Post a Comment