Monday, May 5, 2014

She threw us in with the big girls!

Every night the young kids would get out and we'd find them on the roof of the big coop.  Saturday night at dusk I tossed them in with the big girls.  After everyone had gone in they went in the coop and got repeatedly chased out.  Finally when it got darker I opened the egg box door and set them on the perch.  They got picked on a bit yesterday morning and I let them all out to mingle or hide.  Last night they tried staying in the greenhouse and I closed them out and found them on the roof.  I waited until dusk and the big girls were going in and put them inside the coop and went to the end window to watch with a squirt bottle.  As someone came over and picked on them, I squirted them.
I now know why the Polish are missing feathers on their heads.  As they walk by the perches, Miss Daisy bends over and rips out feathers.  But, the good news is they can see better?
I did put the short ladder back in the corner so they have another place to get out of the way.  I had it in the small run and they were used to using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment