Sunday, May 18, 2014

Wing Update

It has been a week yesterday.  My wrap is holding on Tizzy's wing and it is still where I wrapped it and put it against her body.  Bossy is still getting out every chance she gets, then runs to me when I go out the back door and then goes right back in her pen.  She keeps getting out every night and trying to sleep on the big coop.  Another week and I can start mixing them again and hopefully by then my lawn will have taken hold and they will love the new grass.  Tonight I'm going to set them free before dark but only let them in the far section of yard.  Maybe I'll lead them to the front yard and see if they want to play in that grass.
Addition:  I took the bandaging off on May 24th.  She still walks sideways a bit because she forgets but the wing seems to be fine, I've seen her raise and flap.  She was very careful when I watched her.  She will be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment