Sunday, February 1, 2015

MIni Vacation and Fabric Rope Bowls

We finished the floor just in time to go to Quartzsite for our usual week and a half.  We had a good time.  I took my old Pomeranian with us along with my 5 year old Shitzu mix.  My old dog will be 17 this year and we had many accidents in the motorhome and it took him a week to not be afraid to go outside.  He used to love camping but now it's scary.  While we were gone our niece played around and did everything she wasn't supposed to do and then moved out midway because she and her friends misunderstood what I said in a phone conversation.  I did say I'm done a couple of times but I did say we'd talk when we got home.  They told her that meant move out.  So she did, well, I'm not crying over it.   I did have to get my end table back that she decided was hers and she took all the bathing supplies out of her bathroom including hooks to hang stuff on the wall.  My life will go back to normal now and time will pass.
I just put an ad on my Facebook page for classes to make these bowls.

 
I made these while in Quartzsite.  I've had the rope for over a year and when we went elk hunting in Nov. I took it and the fabric and sat and wound it onto the rope while hanging out with friends.  I made both bowls with the 50' of fabric clothesline rope.  I already gave away the first little one, it was about 8" around.  The second is about 12" long by 8" wide and about 4" deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment