Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Deep Coop Cleaning & Goat Update

A day later than planned but better late than never.  I blocked all my girls in the extra run section and one by one I caught them and held them upside down and dusted behinds and under their wings with Sevin Dust.  As I finished one I would set her out of the run through my French top opening and start again.
After they were all done I then used my wet/dry vac and vacuumed out the egg boxes, sprayed Permethrin in the boxes and then sprinkled Sevin dust around and the put in new pine chips.  Then I raked out all the hay from the bottom of the coop (which has only been in there about a week) and put it in the compost along with the contents of the poop boards.  I then vacuumed out the inside including the ceiling.  I then sprayed the Permethrin around making sure I got all the cracks and then I added Sevin dust around the inside.  I then sprayed the poop boards with the Permethrin and added new hay.  Poop boards got fresh PDZ and put back.  Inside is done.

Outside:  I raked out, cleaned perches, and then I turned a layer of dirt all over.  I do this now and then.  I've got a few layers of sand in there somewhere.  It gets all packed down after a while so I go in and with the shovel turn all the dirt over to fresh dirt.  I then sprinkled diatomaceous earth all over the ground, which will also help with the roaches and I did around my house with the Permethrin. I added DE to all the dusting places and filled their water with fresh.

A nice days work!  My little wether was born last week and the next first freshner had two does a couple of nights ago.  I finally got to see pictures today.  I picked the darker of the two.  Now to wait for them to grow up a bit.
 
I've chosen the darker of the two because the boy is light with spots.    She is on the left above with her mom, Dharma, and the first pic below.  Although the second one is beautiful, too. :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment