Monday, April 17, 2017

A couple of weeks have passed

The ongoing saga continues...
Dahlia has decided that she wants nothing to do with Amazing Grace.  It is either because she bites or she has no clue she's hers.  But, she doesn't want to feed her.  I go out every four hours and hold her so she can eat.  She talks to Marco Polo and flaps her tongue at him and lets him eat anywhere, anytime.   Grace just looks at them like, I wish she loved me like that.
I started locking up the little ones last night for the night so I could have the overnight milk.  She sees me coming in the morning and knows I'm putting her on the real milk stand which I have a board for a ramp because she refuses to jump up on it.  I chase her around and grab her face halter and drag her up the ramp.  I bought sweet feed today so maybe it will entice her up there and, duh, I read it is better for lactating does.
I'm still looking for a home for Grace.  I have a lady that wants Marco Polo and I've dropped my price a lot to get her to buy Grace.  I'm hoping she decides to take them both.  I told her they are best buddies.
We took them to Phoenix to my breeder on Friday and she disbudded them.  We had to pick up a roll up door so it was good timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment