Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Milking & Kids

The kids are thriving and all are doing much better.  I ordered a Henry Milker and received it yesterday.  I used it this morning, she wasn't too sure about it but tolerated it.  It was much faster than me milking her, for sure.

Today was the first day I let them roam the pen with the big goats all day.  They went back into their little area to sleep in their cat carrier during the day but had the roam of the place.  Dakota didn't want them up on the play area that is his domain and he'd dance around, make a noise, and head for them and they would get down.  It was fun to watch.  They zipped around, they taste everything.

I made a feed bin holder for the front of my temporary stand, which is a pallet on bricks.  So, now it has a front to hold the food so she can eat while they do.  It worked well once I got it the right size.  I had to take it apart 3 times but I finally got it. :)

Dahlia is also doing very well.  She jumped up onto their bench on the porch today and down but didn't do it again, so it probably didn't feel too good.

I'm going to keep bringing them in at night until it warms up a bit.  It froze last night, I'm afraid they would get too cold.  So after a few days of letting them be free in the pen and it warms up they will be outside.  They could probably stay in the milk room and it wouldn't be too cold, we'll see. 

Right now, they are running around playing down here in my studio.  I let her feed them before we came in and I'll bottle feed them before I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment