Saturday, January 4, 2020

Catch up & Donations

1.    Winter has arrived and I'm usually catching up on stuff.  I did finish my three small donation quilts and have done some quilting.  I looked for a place to donate kids quilts here in town and called the local quilt guild who just wanted to take them for me.  No, I want us to get the credit for it, not them.  I called CASA, which is a county program for kids.  Twice, no one ever has called back about my two messages.  I finally talked to a friend whose mom works for KAAP- when they have kids come in they get a bag with a quilt and a teddy bear.  Sounds like the place to me and they stay local.  The girl that took them when I delivered them was happy to get them.  I told her we would have more in the following year.
2.    I have decided to have knee replacement surgery.  My right knee has given me problems for 10 years or more.  My doctor in Havasu keeps telling me, you need it replaced.  I love my doc, but his office staff aren't that great any more so I'm now going to Flagstaff Bone & Joint.  They are all friendly and I've had my first appointment.  Dr. Randall wants me to do physical therapy and so I've been going once a week and doing all at home every day in-between.  The reason for this is my knee doesn't have enough bend, if she does the surgery now, it will never bend better, it needs to be stretched out so it will bend better before.  My surgery date is set for 2-20-20.  Should be able to remember that date!

No comments:

Post a Comment