Monday, June 1, 2020

New Goslings

I decided to get geese for the two lots next door so they could eat the weeds under hubby protest.  I ordered two weeder geese and one female Toulouse goose.  The two weeder geese are unknown, don't know what kind nor what sex.  I'm just assuming they were male.  The second day Molly pawed one of the weeders and he died later that day.  She's more supervised now.  I'm just glad it wasn't the expensive one.


We have field trips and go out into the grass and I sit on a towel and let them pick at the grass and I tear grass up into small pieces for them to eat.  The one on the right is the Toulouse female that I named Toodles and on the left is the unknown, named Quinn because that will work for either sex.  She has more solid gray and lighter feet than the weeder.  He's got more yellow splotches in his gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment