Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Slow Down

Now that I got all my Christmas presents done and the holiday is over, I've been just putzing around.  I got out my 2-1/2" scrap strips and I'm making two different quilts for kids for next year.  I also bought an embroidery machine.  I have always wanted one, so I bought a Babylock Flourish II.  So far it's out of the box, but I haven't tried it yet. :)  I've also been cleaning flower beds and cutting stuff back.  I'm also going to start cleaning up the scrap piles we seem to collect.  I have a trailer full of cuttings and wood that is rotted in the trailer.  It's looking better.  My knee is doing well and I can walk much better with two new knees.  

This is my pile of strips.


The kite piece goes in the middle and you add strips to the outside.  I have a stack with red and blue kites and have 12 with green to go.


When I finish the kite blocks I'm going to sew strips and make a scrappy rail fence.



No comments:

Post a Comment