Thursday, March 6, 2014

Craftsy Weaving Class

I'm taking the Rigid Heddle Weaving class on Craftsy with Angela Tong.  It is very informative.  I already know the basics and how to load my loom.  The new part is:  I just bought the 24" Kromski loom and it has it's own warping board on the back and I wanted to learn how to use it and load the loom that way.  I know, I know how to do the basic weave and am getting pretty good at it and I really like the leno lace but this class had you use scraps.  Boy, do I have scraps!
Way back when I did several fiber swaps and I have a basket full of small pieces of various strings/ yarns/ woven stuff and I'm using it.  I'm using a gray tweed about an inch and then using one of my scraps until it runs out and then going back to the gray.  Hmm, looks like an Indian blanket.   Not!  Well, maybe it does?  Here are some photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment