Saturday, March 15, 2014

Poop Boards

Will be interesting.  My hubby has spent the last two days building them.  The one on the new section will slide out towards the egg boxes, which the new one is now in the way.  But will be fine, less poop on the floor but with the new egg boxes on the ground I'll have to rake under the coop to keep crap off the eggs laid in the new boxes.  The two roosts in the older section will slide sideways toward the big door to empty.  I haven't been outside but on camera it looks like it worked.  Now, to see if Sweet PDZ is heavy or light, or maybe I'll just use wood pellets on it to soak up the moisture.  We'll see.  I'll add pictures today.
This is the small one, it comes straight out towards me.
 
The view from the egg boxes left and right.


 
The view through the big end door.  These two come straight out towards this big door.  I put Sweet PDZ stall freshner in them.  I priced it at TSC and our local hay & feed.  It was cheaper at the local hay & feed.  It was $9.99 at TSC for a 24# bag and $16.99 for a 40# bag at local hay & feed.  I like the looks and Sylvie the building inspector says it looks mighty fine in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment