Sunday, March 2, 2014

Renaissance Costume

This was a challenge for me.  I got the dress mostly done and it wouldn't fit!  Usually when I make a piece of clothing I buy my size.  My size right now is iffy, one pair of jeans is an 18, another is a 16.  My shirts are 18/20 but a bit big.  I chose to make a size 18 dress because it was the norm.  Usually when I make something it is a bit big on me.  Never would I have thought it would be too small!  I had to add 4" to each side of the dress.  Luckily you can't tell and now it will be sleeveless as I didn't want to mess with changing the sleeve design.  I was really thinking the sleeves weren't necessary anyway because in March in Phoenix is usually sleeveless and has been a bit warm the last few times we've gone.  I bought gold cording to make the loops on the front middle to put a piece of cording to gather the front but when I cut it, whoa, did it go pop and raveled.  I ended up using 1/8" brown grosgrain ribbon instead and used the gold cording for the tie.  It also has a big tie on the back but no shots of that.  So, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment